Sunday, December 27, 2009

She's Thriving

We are smitten with our baby girl! Elie, our 6 year old, has been praying in our family worship time that God will teleport Maren straight to our living room. It is hard for her to comprehend the paperwork and time involved to complete this adoption. She wants her baby sister home yesterday!

I am finding the wait, the hopes, and the reality challenging as well. And, I am coping. Our adoption contract says it will be 4-12 months until we can bring her home. This is completely out of our hands and our agency's. It is in God's control and the government of Taiwan. It depends on what judge we get, what the judge requires, and how quickly the consulate processes our paperwork. I don't want to make any predictions as far as specific timing. I am praying hard that God will give us favor in the courts. And, I am praying that He will watch over our documents as they go through many offices and travel great distances. I pray that they will be processed quickly and will not be lost. My prayers are for "warp" speed. And, at the same time I am trying to mentally prepare for the long haul. I want to be on guard against the agony of disappointment from delays.

His Hands has processed one adoption in 4 months. The rest have taken much longer. Please join us in prayer for a quick adoption process. We long to be united with Meg! And, please pray for us to be full of God's peace and grace as we wait. Pray that God will do His work in us, in Maren, and please continue to pray for her birth mom to know the unfailing love of Jesus.

Maren has gained a few pounds since her birth. She is eating well. And, we hear that she has a cry that cannot be ignored. We are so happy that she is thriving.

No comments:

Post a Comment