Sunday, August 9, 2009

2 Sides to Every Story

I feel like blogging, I guess. Sharing only about my "excruciating wait" is narrow-minded and not the only side of this adoption story. I desire to be patient and hope in God's perfect timing because I know it will be perfect and there are 2 mothers involved in this story. My gain, my joy will be another woman's deep loss. Who is she? What is her story? It must be one of some deep pain and struggle.

I have been reading Dear Birthmother. I checked it out from the local library to help pass time as I wait. Somehow reading helps. I am learning and taking steps to be connected to my child who is on the other side of the world or about to be. The first chapter addresses a myth that women who give up their children for adoption must not care about them. A birth mother remembers the day her child was born. She will never forget. She will remember them all of her life. May the Lord bless the mom of our baby and lead her to Himself. May the Lord give us grace in learning how to relate with her when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment