Sunday, August 23, 2009

Jesus is Longing for our Adoption

This past spring I wrote a song for our baby. I call it Waiting. The first verse says, "I'm getting ready for you. Making a place just for you, and waiting, wishing that you were here." As I sang those words at my keyboard I was overwhelmed with a sense of God's longing for us to come home. Overwhelmed at how different we are from Christ and yet he gave his life willingly for us and he is getting ready for us. He is making a special place just for us. The words, "I go to prepare a place for you. And, if I go I will come again and receive you to myself" rang in my head. Jesus is longing for our adoption. He cannot wait until we are home. He really, really wants us. He is not passive. He has feelings and longings for His children. WOW! As Junie B. Jones would say, "WOWIE WOW WOW!"

You can hear Waiting at www.myspace.com/bethbrodine

No comments:

Post a Comment