Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Wait is Excruciating

I suppose that the unknowns of adoption are what make it so difficult. We are at the point in our adoption that it could be any day, anytime, or it could be months. It is hard to keep a balance between being hopeful and letting the desire to adopt consume me.

In some ways our adoption process is going very quickly and I am so thankful. The Lord opened a door and made the way at just the right time. In other ways this has not been a quick process. It has been long. I have been seriously considering it since college over 10 years ago now. I started researching after our first daughter was born.

There have already been many ups and downs along the way. If this dream were not so deep in my heart I would have quit by now. But, the Lord places orphans into families... and, we have been praying that the Lord will place just the right child into our family for years... and, our hope is in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment