Friday, March 12, 2010

He Never Said It Would Be Easy


God has not promised skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways all our lives through;
God has not promised sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.
But God has promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

This quote is actually a hymn. I thought it was a poem. My Great Grandma Scott wrote this in my Grandpa Scott's Autograph Book on the occasion of his high school graduation. I've always liked it. From time to time in marches to the fore front of my mind and brings perspective.

Why is this so perspective so easy to lose in times of trial? Why do I tend to complain so easily when things don't go my way or according to my time frame? God has always been so good to me. I wish I weren't so fallible and weak. I wish I would always trust the heart of a Perfect Father and rest in His love for me. He never said it would be easy. But, He did promise to be with me. And, at the end of this struggle Maren is going to be worth it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment