Friday, April 9, 2010

Prayer Brunch

Tomorrow morning I am going to a prayer brunch for Mom's In Touch. We had a planning meeting 10 days ago. At the meeting our leader, Janet, shared something the Lord had put on her heart. She wants to take time to agree in prayer as a group with each lady in attendance for something that she is "waiting" for in prayer. As soon as the words exited her lips I knew that I would still be waiting for news of Meg's home-coming at the brunch. NO! I wanted to deny it. I hoped I would be wrong. :( I felt angry and sad. Why must I wait longer, Lord?

All week I having been bringing my sadness, longing, and confusion to the Lord in prayer. I feel ready for my baby to come home. I don't understand. Why do I have to still be waiting at the prayer brunch? I had been really hoping for an update from Taiwan. I have ached for some sort of good news or even any news. There is only silence. :( I have been praying and waiting for months. Isn't it enough? Why must I wait for the prayer brunch?

A gentle voice said, "Why not see it as a gift that I have planned this prayer brunch? It is ordained especially for you. Why do you see it from the opposite way? Why do you feel I am against you in the wait?"

Hmm. I am intrigued and excited for the prayer brunch. Command me, Jesus. You are in control.

"Be strong, take heart, and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

"I wait expectantly for your salvation; God, I do what you tell me." Psalm 119:6

"I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion';therefore I will wait for him. The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men." Lamentations 3:24-30

To be continued, tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment