Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Baby Names

Alex and I have a couple of names that we are thinking over for our daughter. I love picking out names. I love name meanings. And, there is something about dreaming over a name that gives hope to the wait (whether pregnant or adopting). Every so often out of the blue I will suggest we go over the names we have thought of so far and discuss which one is in the lead. Alex is probably used to this by now. He is a great conversationalist and he enters into the discussion but I don't think we have the same level of enjoyment over the naming process. Maybe that is unfair. Maybe he does have the same level of enjoyment, he just wouldn't choose to discuss it as early as me.

With our first 4 children we did not share the names we were thinking of until the baby's birthday. Alex loves having a secret between us. And, loves the joy of the announcement. I am usually struggling to keep the details to myself. I love sharing. This time around is no different. I want to talk. I want to tell what we are thinking.

I suppose we will make an announcement when we get our baby's picture. Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment