Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Lord Will Take Us In

I woke up this morning with a verse from the Psalms dancing in my head. "Though my father and mother reject me, the LORD will take me in". I read about an orphanage in Honduras that has this promise written over their entrance. This verse gives incredible hope. We were the LORD's idea and we are His. Every family in heaven and on earth gets their name from Him. We didn't decide to be born. We didn't choose what family we would arrive in. We didn't choose our brothers or our sisters. We have no control over the beauty or lack of beauty in those surrounding us. Our significance is found in Our Heavenly Father. All of us let others down and we have been let down. Even if those closest to us hurt us in the deepest way, the LORD will take us in. He will never leave us or forsake us. We have an open invitation from the One we really belong to.

Baby, I pray this verse for you. That you will know that you are the Lord's idea. Praying that in the deepest part of your being you will know He thought of you and that He planned your life. He will never leave you. He will take you in. You are His. Praying that we will grasp together the beauty of the Lord's unfailing love.

1 comment:

  1. This verse was one my mom says she held tightly when she trusted Christ. Her family was not exactly enthusiastic about her decision. It's become one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete