Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Husband, My Hero

People have said, "I don't know how you can be so patient in this process. I don't know if I could do it." Well, you don't live with me. Alex does. He weathers the storm of adoption fury. He walks with me through the good, the bad, and the ugly. Some days are not so pretty. Yesterday was not so pretty. I was fighting, battling for the peace of Christ to rule all morning and unfortunately unleashed some of my wrath on Alex when he came home for lunch.

This morning we had a chance to debrief about yesterdays roller coaster ride. I am thankful for Alex. He is a mirror for me and a means of grace. We are so different. We are good for each other.

Love in the true definition is not easy for selfish people on any given day. When we go through stress how will we react? We can either harden our hearts and become more rigid which leads to distance and breaking. Or, we can stretch and grow and our love for the other person becomes more robust. I think both paths are painful. But, one path is fruitful and ends in renewed love. The other leads to destruction over time.

I Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Thanks for loving me, Alex. I want to love you better and more.

Please pray for Alex and I to love each other and not to only think of ourselves and our own point of view. Pray that we will stretch and grow and love more. Pray that God will use the stress of this wait to bring us closer together and that the enemy will not get a foothold and divide us.


No comments:

Post a Comment