Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What's My Hurry?

Today I connected with a mom who has just recently had a baby. She said the last month of pregnancy all she could think about was getting the baby here and being finished with the pregnancy. Now the baby is here. Caring for her beloved newborn is intense. She wonders why we she was so impatient. Listening to her I could really relate and see myself. Bringing Maren home is consuming. I long for her and think about her so much through out the day. I want this adoption final. I want the wait finished and behind me. I am sure that after Maren is home it is going to be a big transition. There are going to be sleepless nights, diapers, less free time. What's my hurry? I don't know but I think I'm normal and I think it is part of God's preparation to love this new precious addition. And, I am forced to pray, trust, and lean on Jesus in a completely new way while I'm waiting.

Please pray that we will receive our court date soon. And, please pray that God will prepare me to love Maren and help me fully love Alex, Adalynne, Joseph, Eleanor, and Samuel while I'm waiting. I want to give Maren everything she needs and I'm not going to be perfect. That has always bothered me. I want to be the perfect mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment