Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Porters, dear North Central University and Sudan field friends, came to visit this weekend. We haven't been together in 7 years! Their 3rd baby, Riley, was born on November 4, 2009. It was a happy occasion to catch up, meet him, and share in joy of Charles and Tahnya's growing family. God has done a lot and we are celebrating!

I can't believe how long it has been since I have had that much time with a new baby. Time quickly passes and you forget what those special fleeting early days are like. I held him. I fed him. I burped him. He spit up on me. :) I rocked him. I watched him sleep in my arms. He smiled and even laughed when I talked to him. It was delightful and soothing. I soaked him in and found my thoughts drifting to a special little baby girl in Taiwan. Maren was born 11 days after Riley. I think they must be similar in size. And, I wonder what she is going to feel like in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment