Monday, May 24, 2010

Because He is My Refuge

Last week I had a nagging question that would not leave me alone. If God is God and He is in charge and He is going to bring Maren home when He says it is time on His time table then why keep praying? I have prayed and prayed and prayed. I brought my complaints to the Lord. Finally, I listened.

Psalm 62:8, "Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us."

Because He is my refuge. Because He is with me and for me in this adoption. Because this life is about my relationship with Him and not what I can get from Him. Because He carried my sorrows and grief on the cross. Because He wants me to share with Him and He wants to share with me.

Cowardly, wayward, and weak
I change with the changing sky.
Today so eager and strong
Tomorrow not caring to try.
But He never gives in,
And we two shall win,
Jesus and I. -Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment