Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Face to Face




I am ready to meet my daughter in Taiwan. The dam of desire is at capacity and the rusty bolts can barely support the walls and contain the flood. I hate being her mom in my heart and being half way around the world. There is such a connection and care yet we are strangers. I feel like I am standing outside in the cold with my nose and hands pressed tightly against a glass wall. I see her but I cannot get to her. Other people know her better than I do. I want to experience her for myself in person and not just through second hand bits and pieces. I am a baby person in a big way. I love them! I'm missing it! Don't get me wrong. Maren is in wonderful, loving, capable hands. We are spoiled in receiving frequent updates and pictures. And, I am thankful that I am alive now. I've heard the stump speech several times from several good intentioned people about how blessed I am to be adopting in the age of technology. I know that if we adopted 30 years ago we would still be snail mailing everything and information would be more limited and probably unavailable. I am aware of how truly blessed we are to receive video and pictures so often many larger agencies don't give what we have been given. And, I want my daughter home. I love her.

I have wanted to adopt since 1996. We looked into adoption in 2004 but it was not the right time. We found His Hands in 2008. God gave us Maren in November 2009. She is worth every minute and every second of this wait. But, she has been in my heart a long long time.

People who have spent time with her have remarked about her eyes. Her eyes are beautiful and she seems to be a little thinker already. I can't wait to touch her skin and look into her eyes for the first time face to face.

Song of Solomon 8:7a, "Many waters cannot quench love, Nor will rivers overflow it."

No comments:

Post a Comment