Saturday, May 8, 2010

Stephanie Fast

I frequently read Noel Piper's blog. Noel recently attended Orphan Summit VI which is put on by Christian Alliance for Orphans. One of the speakers who came was Stephanie Fast. Stephanie was adopted at the age of 9 from Korea. She had been abandoned at a train station and then abused and left to die in a garbage dump. Some nuns found her. And, God brought a missionary couple to be her parents. Noel tweeted some things that she said in her time to share at the Summit. I keep going back to Noel's tweets and re-reading them. I decided I wanted to write them down here because they have been so meaningful to me. I keep thinking about them. I am praying over these statements for our family. I am especially asking that Maren will be adopted twice (once by us and again by her Heavenly Father) and I am praying Ada, Joe, Elie, Sam, Alex, and I will be adopted too. We need our Father's love and certainty of our adoption.

"There is no event in my life that I would be better without. "

"Just being adopted doesn't remove the orphan spirit. Only the 2nd adoption, with God as Father can remove that spirit. "

"Adoptive parent, you are chosen by God to be a voice in your child's life so your child can rise up and be a voice to other orphans."

"Why aren't more adult adoptees speaking out? Maybe because they still have the old orphan spirit & need to know God's adoption."

"My natural father never knew I existed. My heavenly father has known & loved me every second of all eternity."

"My country rejected me because I was biracial. God said, I have a place and purpose for you."

"Essence of orphan ministry: not ONLY caring for current needs, but looking toward a child's future and hope. "

"When I was introduced to Jesus, I didn't know how to take him, because I didn't know how to recognize love."

"When I was adopted at 9, I had every syndrome you hear about for older orphans."

"I do not want to be the orphan, the adopted daughter, who keeps the story of her 2 adoptions to herself."




No comments:

Post a Comment