Monday, May 10, 2010

Counting


I'm sitting here with a cup of Good Earth hot tea (one of my favorites). It is cold, windy, and rainy. The weather compliments my melancholy thoughts and feelings. I've already been to prayer this morning, jogged, and eaten a few Mother's Day chocolates in hopes of cheering myself up. It's helped a little but it's another hard day. I've been sitting by the computer too long, aching. I'm tired of the wait and the fight for faith and the unknown.

Court date was 11 weeks ago now. Homestudies 8 1/2 weeks ago. Maren will turn 6 months old on Saturday. Half of her first year will be behind her. School gets out on May 20th. Angie's coming home on May 19th. Mom and Ron are coming the first week of June. Gary and Liz are coming mid-June. Long sigh. Time is dragging. I really thought I might be holding her by now.

I continue to rehearse Isaiah 30:18, "Therefore the LORD longs to be gracious to you, And therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you. For the LORD is a God of justice; How blessed are all those who long for Him." I am not feeling it this morning but I am praying for faith to believe it. With His help I can keep going.




1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know we are praying for you during this wait. I know how hard it is! We're praying you hear soon, and can have Meg in your arms soon!

    ReplyDelete