Thursday, January 14, 2010

Little Delays and I Feel Sad

I am recovering once again from a little delay. Wish I would have had lower expectations. According to my calculations I thought our documents from TECO were to arrive at the latest today. Turns out they must have missed the mail on Wednesday or they are lost because they didn't come today.

I paced the living room floor this morning waiting for the papers to arrive. I had all the things I needed with my keys and purse on the counter. Sam and I were bathed, dressed, and ready for the mail lady. We were going to grab and go.

One day isn't that big of deal. It really is just my expectations. I hoped for all of this to be faster. I wanted my papers in back in Taiwan before they even came. I was mentally prepared for delays on the Taiwan side. I have lived overseas before. But, not in the good 'Ole USA. This is the land of customer service and satisfaction.

I should probably quit calculating. How do you prepare to bond with this baby emotionally and not get so attached to the paper chase? Not really sure about that.

Another small delay is the gal who sends out our updates from the House of Hope has been having technical difficulties. It has been over 2 weeks now since our last update and we got an email Sunday or Monday night that said the updates keep coming back "undeliverable". She is working on it. And, I guess God is working on me.

"Count it all joy when you face trials and temptations of many kinds, knowing that the trying of your faith works perseverance." This verse has been my companion lately. I am struggling to rejoice when my expectations are not met.

After seeing all the world headlines about the earthquake in Haiti I keep reminding myself this is small. I guess the Lord cares when a sparrow falls so maybe he understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment